Representing Indigent Individuals
The Public Defender’s Office represents indigent individuals in Criminal Court, Family Court, and County Court proceedings.
Legal Service Components
In compliance with federal and state constitutions, the Schenectady County Public Defender’s Office is a legal service component of Schenectady County Government which:
- provides quality legal representation to its clients;
- advocates for the protection of the constitutional rights of its clients;
- contributes to the efficient and effective operation of the criminal justice system in Schenectady County;
- where appropriate, advocates and works toward achieving results that have the greatest likelihood to help rehabilitate clients; and,
- creates a work environment that supports the empowerment and teamwork of its employees.