Department of Probation (518) 388-4330 ♦ Center for Juvenile Justice (518) 386-2271
388 Broadway, Schenectady, NY 13205
Thomas Zampella, Director ♦ Timothy Ferrara, Deputy Director
The Probation Department plays a significant role in both the criminal and juvenile justice systems, working towards safer communities. It is essential that we develop and maintain effective partnerships with the Courts and law enforcement agencies that serve the various jurisdictions within the County. These partnerships also need to extend to the myriad of community service agencies that share our commitment to improving our community. Our approach is to never compromise our core values while continuously pursuing our mission and vision of our department.
Our Vision and Mission Statement
To elevate the quality of life for the residents of Schenectady County by creating safer communities; enhance public safety by providing effective community - based strategies that promote positive behavior change, accountability and law-abiding behavior.
The Schenectady County Probation Department needs your assistance in bringing absconders to justice. If you have any information on the whereabouts of any of the following absconders, please contact our confidential tip line at 518-388-4779 or you can contact us through the website.
- New York State Division of Probation and Correctional Alternatives
- New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services
- New York State Sex Offender Registry
- New York State Crime Victims Board
- New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision
- New York State Police
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- American Probation and Parole Association
- New York State Unified Court System
- CPS (Child Protective Services) Hotline