Current MRC Volunteer Opportunities and Training
Medical Reserve Corps volunteers may serve a vital role by assisting their local health department and community with ongoing public health initiatives. If you are interested in volunteering please call our MRC Coordinator at (518) 386-2824 for more information.
Online Training Resources
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Community Health Fair Education and Screenings
- Flu Clinics
- Rabies Clinics
- Emergency Preparedness Response Activites
- FEMA independent Study Program: IS-22 Are you ready? An In-Depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness.
- Personal Preparedness: New York Consortium for Emergency Preparedness Continuing Education (NYCEPCE) - 1 contact hour in Nursing Continuing Education and 1 hour in Category One Continuing Medical Education Credit.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Public Health Activities & Incident Management
- FEMA.NIMS Independent study courses are available online to learn more about appropriate courses for MRC volunteers, please contact Schenectady County Public Health.
107 Nott Terrace
Schenectady, NY 12308