Visitation Rules and Procedures
Visitation has been suspended at the Schenectady County Jail until further notice.
Visiting rules have been developed to specify required conduct for inmates and visitors to the Schenectady County Correctional Facility. All inmates and visitors must become familiar with these rules. Visiting rules are to be posted in the facility's visitation area and are to be printed in English as well as Spanish. Also, visiting rules are to be provided in the inmate rules and regulation handbook.
- Each inmate is entitled to TWO (2) visits each week as long as his/her conduct is being transported to and from the visiting room as well as his/her conduct in the visiting room warrants this right.
- Not complying with the strip search procedure immediately following visits is reasonable grounds for the suspension of visits. Naturally, contraband found on an inmate will result in the suspension of the specific visiting right.
- Contact visits will be permitted for all inmates eligible to receive visits in general.
- Inmates are to obtain prior approval from a supervisor if they wish to bring anything into the visiting room with them.
- Inmates will be responsible for letting their visitors know their visiting hours.
- Visits will be assigned according to scheduling. All schedules are subject to change with one week prior notice.
- A complete list of visiting rules, regulations and procedures is to be posted in the visiting area and in the inmate rules and regulations handbook.
- Visitation Schedule is to be posted in each housing unit.
VISITORS PLEASE NOTE:
If you are concerned that the inmate you are visiting seems unusually agitated or depressed, please notify the officer in the information center before leaving the facility
|Monday||8:30am-9:30am||3rd & 4th Floor|
|Tuesday||8:30am-9:30am||Dorm 1 Left|
|10:00am-11:00am||Dorm 1 Right|
|Sunday||8:30am-9:30am||D Block/2nd Floor (R)|
|12:00pm-1:00pm||B Block/2nd Floor (L)|
|4:00pm-5:00pm||Dorm 1 Right|
|6:00pm-7:00pm||Dorm 1 Left|
All visitors 18 years of age or older must have a valid I.D. with:
- Date of Birth
If all 3 are not included in one document, the supporting evidence must include the same name as on the primary identification
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Visitors who are intoxicated, belligerent, disrespectful and/or ill mannered will not be permitted to visit. A visit will be terminated and the visitor required to leave should any one or more of the above conditions or behaviors becomes apparent during the visit.
- Visitors must leave all coats, jackets, hats, bags, and handbags in the lockers in the lobby.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in the visiting room.
- No packages, gifts, money or letters may be brought into the visiting room at any time.
- Legal documents for inmates may be permitted with permission from the shift supervisor.
- The passing of items between visitors and inmates is strictly forbidden without permission of the Visitation Officers.
- All visitors will be electronically screened solely to prevent contraband from entering the visiting room. Individual visitors may be subjected to a frisk search if contraband is suspected of being in the possession of the visitor.
- Any visitor who brings, or attempts to bring, contraband into the facility will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Also visits will be restricted for anyone suspected of introducing contraband to the facility.
- Contraband means anything that an inmate is prohibited from obtaining or possessing by statute, rule, regulation or order.
- Visitors may only visit the inmate they have signed up to see. Visitors are permitted to visit one inmate per visiting hour.
- Only three (3) visitors at a time are allowed to visit the same inmate. Babies in the arms of a visitor are not to be counted. Visitors may trade places with other peoples waiting in the lobby of the facility at half time, at the inmates request.
- Inmates and Visitors must remain in their assigned seats unless told to do otherwise by the officers.
- Children must remain seated and in control of the responsible adult at all times.
- Kissing and hugging is permitted at the beginning and the end of the visit.
- Visitors and inmates must maintain proper seating posture and decorum throughout the visit.
Office of the Sheriff
320 Veeder Ave.
Schenectady, NY 12307
Phone: (518) 388-4300