Are you taking care of a friend, loved one, or neighbor? Too often as caregivers, we put the needs of others before our own, which can lead to stress and burnout. Join other caregivers in Schenectady County for a 1-hour support group for caregivers. Participants build a community of support and share caregiver information and resources. The group prides itself on promoting healthy self-care and coping skills for the caregiver & care-receiver.
Benefits of joining a support group include:
- Helps with stress reduction
- Promotes quality of life for the caregiver and care-receiver
- Safe place to share caregiver stressors and challenges
- Connecting with current Schenectady County Caregiver initiatives and training opportunities
- Respite for the Caregiver
- Promotes high self-esteem for the caregiver
- Acceptance and understanding of the responsibilities and hard work associated with caring for others while maintaining one's identity
- Maintaining a healthy balance between life demands and caregiver roles
- Understanding gaps in care for the care-receiver
- Gratitude is generally a wrap up topic
Caregiver Support Groups are FREE, drop-in, come as you are programs.
Questions? Contact Wendy Petroci, Family Caregiver and Social Worker at 518-382-8481 ext.1308 for more information.