Schenectady County Pedal-Paddle-Run Triathlon is Saturday! Traffic Patterns in Niskayuna and Schenectady Altered
On Saturday, May 11, 2019, Schenectady County will host the Ninth Annual Pedal-Paddle-Run Triathlon. The event will start and end at Aqueduct Park in the Town of Niskayuna and begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. Participants will Run and Bike on Aqueduct Road/Van Vranken Avenue and the Mohawk-Hudson Bike Path and Paddle on the Mohawk River.
Traffic patterns in the Town of Niskayuna and the City of Schenectady will be altered during the event:
- Aqueduct Road from Balltown Road until the Maxon Road Extension will be CLOSED TO ALL VEHICULAR TRAFFIC between 7:00am and approximately 11:00am. Traffic will be rerouted at Maxon Road & Van Vranken Avenue as well as on Balltown Road and Aqueduct Road by the police.
- Local Traffic on North End Drive, Sara Court, Saint Jean Place, and Anthony Street will be rerouted toward Technology Drive and only allowed to cross the route at the Police/Flaggers discretion.
- Local Traffic on South Ravine Road, North Ravine Road and Napa Court will be rerouted to Banker Avenue.
- Local Traffic on Hillside Avenue will be rerouted to Wood Avenue via Avenue A.
- Motorists should be aware that bicyclists and runners will be using town and city streets; extreme caution should be exercised while the race is ongoing.
CLICK HERE for additional information and maps of the race routes which will show the roads affected.
Same day registration for the event is accepted. To participate, create a 2-4 member team (ages 13+), with each member or members completing a different section of the race in relay fashion or, for those who are up for a challenge, participants can also compete as an individual, completing each section independently.