Rules & Safety
Safety is our number one priority. All who enter the ice rink should note Rink Rules as posted in our lobby. Failure to comply with such rules could result in action being taken by our Staff, up to and including but not limited to expulsion from the ice rink.
- The lobby area is not to be used for changing into skates please use locker rooms set aside for this purpose.
- Parents are not permitted on the ice during sessions unless registered in a class.
- No skates in the stands/bleacher areas.
- No child should be left unattended at the rink at any time or for any reason.
- Children are not permitted to play alone or in groups in the lobby area, in areas in front of the ice rink or in the parking lot.
- No child should be permitted to use rest rooms unless accompanied by a parent or other, responsible adult.
Clothing Suggestions for Ice Skating
- Helmets are strongly recommended for non-skaters (bicycle helmets are fine as are hockey helmets).
- Gloves (as opposed to mittens) are a MUST ! (We recommend the stretchy, one-size-fits-all, acrylic, knit gloves.
- Toddlers/young children: Snow pants (bib-overalls) are fine.
- General recommendations for all ages: sweatpants, lined wind pants (denim jeans tend to retain the cold ; long underwear is recommended if you wear jeans); long-sleeve shirt/turtleneck; sweater/sweatshirt and a light jacket/windbreaker (non-bulky).
- Water bottle or a bottled water.
- Spectators: We have stands with a heating coil for spectators to observe the activity on the ice.
- Locker Rooms: Items (such as totes, skate bags and personal items) may be kept in locker rooms during on-ice sessions.
5 Tower Road
Scotia, NY 12302
(518) 384-CHIL (384-2445)
(518) 384-0549 (f)