Pedal-Paddle-Run General Information
|Race Location:||All components start/end in Aqueduct Park, Niskayuna|
|Pedal Map • Paddle Map • Run Map|
|Race Course:||Pedal: 7 miles on road along Aqueduct Road and the Mohawk Hudson Bikeway|
|Paddle: 2 miles along the Mohawk River|
|Run: 5K along the Mohawk Hudson Bikeway|
|Time:||Race Start: 8am|
|Ages:||Participants must be at least 13 years of age on the day of the race. Children 13‐15 must have parent or guardian on site during the race (parent does not need to be registered to accompany their child, but we encourage families to compete as a team!). Children ages 16 or older may compete alone.|
|Registration Cost:||Registration for all participants is: $25 Early registration; $35 after|
4-Person Team: one runs, one bikes, two paddle (canoe or kayak)
3-Person Team: one runs, one bikes, one paddles (kayak recommended)
2-Person Team: one runs, one bikes, both paddle (canoe or kayak)
One person does all three events! (kayak recommended, ages 16+ only)
4, 3, or 2-person teams of full-time employees from the same company.
4, 3, or 2-person teams (same as above, no age categories)
|Race Timing:||Pedal-Paddle-Run will be a fully timed event, providing individual timing for each component of the race. Event Management provided by ARE Event Productions.|
Jason Lecuyer, Schenectady County Special Events Director
|Awards:||Every competitor in the Pedal-Paddle-Run will receive a prize for finishing. Awards will be given out for first place in the following categories: Individual Man, Individual Woman, Top Team|
Participants should be adequately trained before entering this competition. All participants should be healthy and in good physical condition according to their primary care physician.
All participants must wear safety equipment for all activities. Bibs with team identification numbers will be distributed at race day check-in and must be worn for the duration of the entire race. Chip timers will be used for timing of all event portions.
All participants must be registered before the start of the race. Registration fee is due at time of entry.
All registrations must be completed at the official Pedal-Paddle-Run Registration website or via postal mail. No registrations will be accepted via email. Race Day registration will be available.
A team can consist of two (2) or as many as four (4) members.
All participants must select competition categories at registration. Only registered participants may compete. List all team members and be sure to name your team.
Water will be provided during the race. The run course will have one (1) water station as part of the course; the bike and paddle courses will not have water stations. Water will be available at the start/finish line area. Participants are encouraged to bring their own water containers for the bike and kayak/canoe courses.
All participants must wear safety equipment for all activities.
All participants are responsible for gear: bikes, helmets, kayaks, canoes, paddles, life preservers and all personal belongings. A limited number of kayaks will be available for rental during the registration process.
A parent or guardian’s signature is needed for participants under the age of 18.
No alcoholic beverages or glass containers of any kind will be allowed in the parks or anywhere on the race routes.
- Participants must run or walk the entire run course. All runners must remain within the designated course.
- Participants are expected to show proper etiquette to fellow runners.
- All bike types allowed.
- Cyclists must remain on the designated course.
- Participants should use caution when changing position throughout the course and are encouraged to use hand signals. Cyclists, who intentionally obstruct another cyclist’s ability to participate, create a danger for other participants or endanger the wellbeing of himself or another rider, will be disqualified.
- Drafting/Passing: Cyclists should follow typical USTA rules and keep about 20 feet (or 3 bike lengths) between themselves and other cyclists unless actively passing. Click here for the USTA rules on drafting, passing, and other codes of conduct.
- Those who choose not to complete the course must remain to the extreme right of the road so as to avoid being hit by another cyclist and/or causing a back up of participants.
- All participants biking are required to wear a helmet. Any rider who refuses to wear a helmet will not be allowed to participate in the race.
- Life jackets must be worn and correctly fastened, by each participant kayaking or canoeing. Each Kayak may hold 1-2 participants. Each canoe must hold 2 participants.
- Only team members will be permitted to help put kayak/canoe in and out of water. Volunteers will be position on the dock for assistance as needed.
- All participants must remain in their boats at all times and following the outlined water path. Participants who leave the designated water path will be disqualified.
- Participants must use caution when passing fellow participants and navigating the waterway. Participants are encouraged to use hand signals.
- Those who choose not to complete the course must remain to the extreme right of the waterway so as to avoid being hit by another boat and/or causing a back up of participants.
Race course and rules are subject to change.