January 15, 2021
For important information and the latest updates, follow @SchenectadyCounty on Facebook, @SchdyCountyNY on Twitter, and visit the Schenectady County COVID-19 website: www.schenectdycounty.com/covid19.
Positive Cases: 8,183* (lab-confirmed)
Current Lab-Confirmed Positives: 827
New Positives: 163*
Daily Positivity Rate: 4.8%**
7-Day Average Positivity Rate: 7.2%**
Hospitalizations at Ellis: 91 (includes all hospitalizations, regardless of county of residence)***
People Under Investigation Currently Hospitalized at Ellis: 0***
Capital Region Hospital Capacity:
7-Day Rolling Average Total Hospital Beds % Available: 25%****
7-Day Rolling Average ICU Beds % Available: 20%****
Quarantines (potentially exposed): 576
Isolations: 1,135 (includes lab-confirmed positives, presumed positives and hospitalized positives; see CDC definition below)
Recoveries: 6,742 (includes only lab-confirmed positive recoveries)
Sadly, 96 people who tested positive for COVID-19 have died.
Click here for CDC definitions of isolation and quarantine.
*Information is from NYS COVID-19 Tracker
What You Can Do
In an effort to reduce the risk of infection and slow the spread of COVID-19, residents are urged to take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating. If not available, use hand sanitizer with minimum 60 percent alcohol content;
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Stay home unless you have an urgent need to be out;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If not available, sneeze or cough into your elbow; and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.