The Schenectady County Legislature approved a resolution at their
Legislative Offices ♦ 620 State Street, 6th Floor, Schenectady, NY 12305 ♦ 518-388-4280 ♦ 518-388-4591 (fax)
Anthony Jasenski, Sr., Chairman of the Legislature ♦ Geoff Hall, Clerk of the Legislature
Schenectady County Government is comprised of an elected legislative body composed of 15 representatives elected to four-year terms from four distinct districts.
The districts include:
- District 1: City of Schenectady 3 Elected Legislators
- District 2: City of Schenectady 3 Elected Legislators
- District 3: Towns of Glenville and Niskayuna, and the Village of Scotia 5 Elected Legislators
- District 4: Towns of Duanesburg, Princetown, and Rotterdam, and the Village of Delanson 4 Elected Legislators
The County Legislature determines all policy for the County and adopts and enacts resolutions and local laws necessary for the operation of County Government.
The County Legislature holds a bi-annual organizational meeting where they elected a Chair and Vice-Chair from their membership. The Chair of the Legislature is the chief elected official for the County.
2017 Operating Budget
News & Announcements
The regularly monthly meeting of the Schenectady County Legislature scheduled for Tuesday, March 14, 2017 has been POSTPONED due to severe weatehr
- Schenectady County Announces Expansion of County-Wide Drug Unit to Address Growing Heroin Epidemic
- Schenectady County Legislature's February 2017 Committee Meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 7th
- Schenectady County Employee Prescription 2016 Drug Costs $2 Million Lower than 2010 – a 35% Reduction in Costs
- Schenectady County Announces the 2017-2018 County Initiative Arts and Tourism Grant Program