The Capital Region Land Bank has received a $200,000 grant from the New York State Housing Trust Fund Corporation.
Legislative Offices ♦ 620 State Street, 6th Floor, Schenectady, NY 12305 ♦ 518-388-4280 ♦ 518-388-4591 (fax)
Anthony Jasenski, Sr., Chairman of the Legislature ♦ Geoff Hall, Clerk of the Legislature
Schenectady County Government is comprised of an elected legislative body composed of 15 representatives elected to four-year terms from four distinct districts.
The districts include:
- District 1: City of Schenectady 3 Elected Legislators
- District 2: City of Schenectady 3 Elected Legislators
- District 3: Towns of Glenville and Niskayuna, and the Village of Scotia 5 Elected Legislators
- District 4: Towns of Duanesburg, Princetown, and Rotterdam, and the Village of Delanson 4 Elected Legislators
The County Legislature determines all policy for the County and adopts and enacts resolutions and local laws necessary for the operation of County Government.
The County Legislature holds a bi-annual organizational meeting where they elected a Chair and Vice-Chair from their membership. The Chair of the Legislature is the chief elected official for the County.
2017 Operating Budget
News & Announcements
The Schenectady County Legislature has announced the list of local community organizations that will receive grant awards through the 2017/2018 Cou
- NYS Health Commissioner Visits Schenectady County for National Public Health Week in Recognition of County Healthier Foods Partnership
- Schenectady County Legislature to Vote on Improvement Plan for Plotter Kill Preserve
- Schenectady County Announces 2017 Household Hazardous Waste Program
- Schenectady County to Build New Literacy Center and Library Branch in Mont Pleasant Neighborhood. Blighted Buildings on Crane Street to Make Way for Community Investment!