Schenectady County One Stop Center
Welcome to the One Stop Center
Schenectady County Human Services Building
Schenectady, NY 12305
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pmVisionThe vision of the One Stop Center is to be a universally accessible Workforce Development System that meets the needs of job seekers and employers and supports economic growth.
The mission of the One Stop Center is to provide enhanced employment opportunities for people and a quality workforce for business by:
- Promoting collaboration of economic development, education, and training resources.
- Evaluating the systems performance and quality.
- Communicating to the public.
Key Operating Principles
- Promote universal services that provide access to all individuals, particularly those most in need.
- Create an interchange between employers and job seekers which responds to current and future demand.
- Improve employment services to job seekers by identifying interests, abilities and prospects; suggesting matches when possible; and referring to area opportunities.
- Employment statistics information on the labor market.
- Job vacancy listings.
- Information on job skills necessary to obtain employment.
- Local occupations in demand and the earnings and skill requirements for such occupations.
- Job search and placement assistance.
- Career counseling, job search workshops, and resume preparation.
- Free telephone, fax, and copier services.
- Initial assessment, career library, computer use, and internet connection.
Useful Links and Resources
Schenectady County One Stop Handbook (PDF)
New York State Department of Labor
Workforce New York
Capital Region Workforce Investment Board
Schenectady Chamber Job Bank